Sunday, July 12, 2009
Blueberry Heaven
This year John and I found this great little U-pick farm in Midway that grows Christmas trees and blueberries. Kind of an odd combination but we decided that we would go pick some yummy, fresh blueberries. We actually had a such great time together and the blueberries were so good that even though we picked 2 lb the first time around we went back for more! They were really cheap too, only $1.50 per quart. We had to drive about 45min to get to this farm, it's in the middle of no where, and its just an older couple who wanted a fun place for families to come pick berries. They even have their picking on an "honor system" so you can come pick anytime and just leave money in a box. It is such a great place, we loved it. We've of course loved having fresh blueberries and I've had a lot of fun making lots of different recipes with them. For those in Georgia, it's Brewer's Christmas tree farm in Midway. In December they have winter festivals where you can go cut down your own tree too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How did I never know about this when I lived there???? And those recipes you shared sounds devine. How sad that I won't be there to help you eat them . . .
We ae definetly going to have to take our kids there. Thanks for sharing your good finds with us!
Post a Comment