I have to say that I hate my new neighbors. What has inspired this post, you might ask? Well right now all I can hear as I study for my mental health exam is the constant reverberations from the repetitive bass line in their music. I haven't met them, I'm not even sure when they moved in but since about a week ago, day or night, all I hear is their super loud music seeping through the floorboards. Up until this week we really loved it here in our apartment because it was such an improvement from our last, but now I'm not so sure.
We affectionately refer to our last apartment as "The dirty, old motel." On the outside it looked like a dirty, old motel. The first time I went to see it there was a guy in an undershirt working on his big monster truck in the middle of the potholed parking lot. High quality. On the inside, it looked nice from a distance but when you looked closely, it was about to fall apart. We were even paying extra for the renovated model. That would all have been ok if it weren't for our neighbors. It seemed like they did laps around their apartment all day long. It was so intriguing how the floorboards actually magnified their footsteps to make it sound like they had hard, wooden peglegs.
We'll leave apartment life and be able to afford a house someday right? And when we get that dream house, our neighbors will be perfect right?
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I so know how you feel!! We have gone through the gammit of neighbors while living here - since we have 3 with adjoining walls. We have had the smokers who made it impossible to go outside or open windows, the crazy 2am guitar playing guy, the loud teenage boys, and now the people with the big dogs that walk around constantly and sound like they are going to fall through our ceiling. I truly long for the day when we don't share walls with anyone else :).
Oh how I have been where you are! I feel like we have moved up just a little with every house or apartment we have been in. The time will come when you no longer have to share walls with strangers. However, you may have to share your bed down the road (with your own little people of course!).
Post a Comment