I started my break with, of course, volleyball on Friday night. Saturday we went for a Barbecue at the Ballards. Cody Ballard was deployed for 4 months starting this week so Gina held a barbecue in his honor.
Sunday I made a Thanksgiving dinner in honor of Canada's Thanksgiving holiday which was held on Monday (October 13). It was my first time making a Turkey. I let it cook in the oven while we were at church and it actually turned out really well. We also had mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, salad, and my personal favorite, raspberry jello. We had the missionaries, Elders Brunson and Jenson, over to share it with us.
Sunday night we went to the Tom and September Cardiff's house and played cards with their family, the bishop and his family, and Robin Thomas. It was a loud and crazy night, they really get into their card-playing. We had a good time.
On Monday I just relaxed. I slept in and then met John for lunch. After lunch I went to the mall to look for a top to go with my green skirt that I was planning on wearing to Wicked this weekend. I bought this beautiful green satin skirt with my mom when John and I were first dating. The skirt was kind of expensive so I didn't buy the top and shoes that went with it. At the time I thought it would be really easy to find a top to go with it. Little did I know that green and satin are almost impossible to match and that finding something to go with this skirt would become my life's mission. Over 3 years later I think I've finally found something that will work. I don't want to see another mall for a long time.
On Tuesday Lisa and I played a morning downtown. We were planning on visiting the Telfair Museum of Art since Lisa had this awesome coupon to get the two of us and Derek in for free. Well we got there only to find out that the museum is closed on Tuesdays. How random! So we walked around downtown and went to the City Market. There we went through the Thomas Kinkade gallery, which was so beautiful. I wish I could visit each of the places he painted. They all look so quaint and cozy.
Tuesday night I hosted the book club at my apartment. We read The Tale of Despereaux, a really cute children's novel. In part of the book the queen dies while eating soup, her favorite meal, and the king is so distraught that he outlaws soup. So for our refreshments at book club I made some turkey soup from thanksgiving leftovers. It was really good and I was really proud for making it from scratch.
On Wednesday I met John for lunch again and then went to play with Katie and visit Gina. I've only been gone for 2 months but Katie has grown so much! I couldn't get over how big she is! Her legs have gotten so long, but they're still as chubby as ever. She's crawling and can pull herself up to standing when she holds onto things. She's also got 8 teeth! Four on top adn four on bottom. I couldn't believe it, she's almost a little girl! We played for a while and Gina and I took her to the park and played with her on the swings. It was a lot of fun. I think Katie remembered me but she was a little shy.
1 comment:
I totally remember that skirt! I would imagine that you'd never want to see a mall again after that escapade. LOL. How exciting that you got to see wicked! When my sister mentioned we missed celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving,(after all, we *are* a quarter Canadian...lol)I thought of you. Loves!
Post a Comment