Sunday, October 19, 2008

Low Country Boil (pronounced "bowl")

Tonight John and I went to the Cardiff's house where their son Hayden was opening his mission call. He was called to serve in the Italy Rome mission. It was very exciting. As part of the festivities we had a low country boil (true southerners pronounce it "bowl"). This area of Georgia is called the low country because it is at sea level and the low country boil is sort of an area specialty. How it's made is you take sausage, corn on the cob, potatoes, and shrimp and boil it all together in a big pot with a little seafood seasoning. Then you dump the whole mess out onto a table and dinner is served. It's a pretty fun little tradition.



2 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

He got some great pictures! I am so excited for Hayden :).

Britton said...

YES!!! Bring on the fatness! You know that I was born in Georgia right... I think I may have started that tradition before I left.