Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Picnic in the Park

It has been so nice for John to have a break from school and the weather has been absolutely beautiful! It's actually starting to feel like fall weather, warm fall weather but fall all the same. I've been really busy studying since I'm still in school full-time but I decided to take a break tonight and we went on a picnic for dinner. We wanted to find a park near by to go to and we found one that was on the river. We had our picnic and then we kicked around a soccer ball. John has a bunch of cool tricks that he can do, as you can see in the pictures. I, on the other hand, have few tricks up my sleeve, so I could merely pose like they taught me in the peewee league.
The craziest part about our romantic picnic was that we thought that we found a dead body floating in water in the boat ramp area when we were exploring the park. I'm not sure how many people know this about me but I've always had a fear of finding a dead body, especially in the water. Today I thought that my paranoid worries had been realized! We were just about to call the cops but when we looked closer we realized that it was the carcass of a dear with no head that had been skinned and dumped in the water. It was kind of an odd and gruesome discovery but it made our story much more exciting.

1 comment:

Lisa Brown said...

That is crazy about the deer! I once thought I found a finger at the bottom of a stream. It scared me to death, especially since I was only ten. Hey, and John will have to show his soccer tricks to Lily :).