Saturday, April 5, 2008
All in a Day's Work
This week was John's spring break at school. I had to work all week but we were still able to get a little bit of time together. John came to work with me on Monday and Wednesday. On Tuesday and Thursday he shadowed a Neurosurgical PA. He set it up by himself because he had nothing else to do and was interested to see what they do. He got to see a bunch of really cool surgeries. Most of the surgeries were on the spine, one was for carpal tunnel, and the coolest one was a craniotomy. John got to see them cut open a lady's skull and resect (in laman's terms "fish out") a tumor. He said it was by far the coolest surgery he saw. Other than watching operations, John has been watching "Lost."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey, It looks like you guys are really doing some great sight-seeing in your new area. The photos are way fun (I especially love the lion face rabbit ... have never seen one of those). Love your blog. Thanks for sharing. Love, Auntie Carol
I am glad there are people like John who get excited about seeing surgeries, etc, because I would not be able to watch, let alone actually opperate :).
I love your blog! It's so fun to read about and see pics of two of my favorite people. I miss you guys but it looks like Savannah, GA has been good to you. Dang, I wish I was one of your neighbors. They are very lucky. :) <3
Hi John and Victoria,
I love watching surgeries and biopsies but only on television. I don't believe I could watch it in person! Thank heaven we have special people who can or alot of us wouldn't be here today. Keep up the good work John!
Victoria, it looks like you are having so much fun caring for that sweet baby. That is one of my favorite things to do in all the world.
We love and miss you guys so much!
Post a Comment