Monday, July 26, 2010

First week home with Evan



We took Evan home 24 hours after he was born. I was a little nervous but he had stayed in my hospital room and the nurses didn't do anything for us except monitor so the only difference at home would be that we wouldn't be bothered by nurses all night.

Baby Evan with daddy. Evan liked to sleep like this and sometimes got a little cranky, this spot on our chests calmed him down a lot. I love how big his diaper looks, he was so tiny!

Here he is with mommy sleeping on my chest again, John likes this picture because it looks like he's staking his claim: the boobies are mine!

My mom came and stayed with us for a week after we got home from the hospital. She made us lots of yummy food and took care of baby so that I could take care of my self and recover. Here's Nana with baby Evan, he even smiled for her while she was here!

John's work sent us some flowers to congratulate Evan's arrival, the card says: Congratulations from everyone at CHAS

Evan's first walk

John got me the most beautiful roses the day we got home from the hospital. They were kind of yellow on the bottom, which represents joy, and red on top, which represents love. I thought those colors were perfect for the occasion (even though I'm sure John didn't know the meaning when he got them, he just thought they were pretty and that I would like them, and he was right!)

Baby and Daddy

No comments: